Behind The Label Training & Consultancy is committed to the privacy of people who visit this Growing Pearls Learning Community. An important aspect of this is how we manage the personal data you entrust to us.
Personal data is defined as any data that can be used to trace back to a particular individual. This includes email addresses and names but also cookies, IP addresses or the content you create in this community that is specific to you.
Data we collect
In Growing Pearls, the following personal data has to be collected to ensure that users are able to use the learning community normally and to its full potential:
- Email address
- IP address
Email addresses and usernames are collected during the sign-up process and the settings page of each user. The IP addresses are collected to ensure that the platform is secure.
On top of the information listed above, users can optionally provide the following personal data:
- First name
- Last name
- Profile image
- Banner image
- Introduction text
- Data from other social networks for login purposes (if use chooses to use social log in, rather than using the Growing Pearls registration form)
This information helps community members to get to know each other and find one another more easily. The information is collected from each user’s profile page. Users can choose to withhold this information and site managers can disable any fields above and erase the data that has been collected.
In contributing to the community, users may also provide personal data whilst writing topics, posts or comments. However, what is written is at the user's discretion and can also be edited or deleted by the user at will.
Personal data might also be collected by certain community features on behalf of third-party tools, such as Google Analytics, Social Sharing, and Social login. This data is collected due to business purposes and contractual necessity only. These features can easily be turned off or left disabled.
Storing Your Data Securely
Your data is stored securely within the system provided by OpenSocial and, if necessary, in password protected files (e.g. for creation of certificates).
Inactive accounts will be deleted after 6 months – with all personal data erased except the content you have added to the site (topics, comments etc). At your request, we can either anonymise this content (erasing your username) or delete your content.
Whilst we want to keep you informed of any community-related developments, this will take place via the platform whilst you are a member. You may edit your notification settings at any time to determine whether you receive emails from the platform or not.
If you agree to join a mailing list you are welcome to opt out at any time.
We will never sell or donate your data to another organisation or entity.
Taking Control of Your Data
- You have the right to access any of your personal data that we hold.
- You have the right for incorrect or incomplete data to be rectified.
- You have the right for your personal data to be erased from our system. This does not normally include content you have contributed to the system (topics, posts etc) if your identity it protected sufficiently by anonymisation (changing username, erasing personal images etc). However, if this is not sufficient, we can also delete content where necessary.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
If you would like to find out more about your rights, see https://gdpr-info.eu/
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us.
You can contact Rachel Waddingham (t/a Behind The Label Training & Consultancy) at email@example.com.